Why can't I log in?
There could be many reasons but the most probable is you have simply forgotton your password, are trying the wrong one or are entering it incorrectly. Some other things to think about include:
- Does your username or password contain a mixture of upper and lower case letters? It should be entered exactly
- Are cookies enabled on your browser
How do I gain access to a course?
Locate or search for the desired course (you can click 'All courses...' in the 'My courses' block) and click on the course name. If your teacher has given you an enrollment key, enter it when prompted, and click Enroll me in this course. Once you are enrolled in a course, it will appear under "My courses" any time that your are logged into that Moodle site.
How do I jump between my courses?
- 'My Courses' block if it has been added to the page you are on
- Go back to the homepage (see below) and then use the main course block (if it has been added!)
How do I get back to the homepage?
Use the navigation bar at the top left of the page or the button at the very bottom of the course
How do I find course X?
If you are not already enrolled in a course you can search for it by name and description.
Emails and forums
Why am I not getting any e-mails and others are?
Chances are your email address in your profile is either wrong or disabled. It could also be that you are not subscribed to the forums that are generating emails. AOL users may also not receive e-mails if the administrator has banned the use of AOL email addresses.
How can I stop all of these e-mails?
E-mails are an essential part of the way Moodle works. They are used to keep you up to date with what is going on. If you wish to reduce the amount of emails you get you could:
- Edit your profile and change your e-mail settings to digest
- Unsubscribe from non-essential forums (although they are there for a reason!)
- Disable your e-mail address in your profile although this is not recommended and may go against in house rules.
Assignments and grades
Why is there no upload box?
This is either because:
- The assignment has now closed
- The assignment is not yet open
- You already uploaded something and the settings prevent resubmissions
How can I see my recent assignment feedback?
There are many ways you can access their feedback. The most common method is by simply going to the same place where you uploaded the work. Another common method is to follow the link in the recent activity block (if the teacher has included it on the course). Another method would be to access the grade book and then follow the link for the required assignment. Depending upon how the assignment was set up, you may receive an email when it has been marked with a direct link to the feedback.